Pages

Thursday, 25 February 2016

My Bookish Life 3. My First Owlcrate


I've been following Owlcrate since before they sent their first batch of crates on March of the last year. I always wanted to order one, but unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity until now. I'm so happy I finally did it!

The Owlcrate of February 2016 was all about Sci-Fi Love. It included:
  • The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry along with a signed bookplate and a very sweet message from the author;
  • An edition of The Time Machine by H.G. Wells from Rock Paper Books;
  • A The Lunar Chronicles tote bag made by the Owlcrate team;
  • A wooden Tardis brooch handmade by Vector Engraving.
I already owned a ebook copy of The Love that Split the World, but the physical edition is gorgeous. Have you seen how beautiful the cover is? *.* Also, as I live in Portugal, the chance of signed books is under zero, so receiving a signed bookplate from Emily Henry was a lovely surprise. And yes, this time Owlcrate had not one, but two books! How much more exciting could it be? I loved this edition of The Time Machine.  

The tote bag is super cute. I really have to read The Lunar Chronicles now (re-read Cinder, because I read it a few years ago). I loved everything, but I wish it didn't have anything Doctor Who related. I know, everyone loves it, but I don't. The Tardis brooch is pretty and very well-done, but I wish the brooch had been about another sci-fi show or film. 

I'll keep my Owlcrate subscription for now (the shipping is expensive, so I'm not sure for how long I'll keep it). And if you are reading this, I recommend you to get one Owlcrate. Even if it's only one time experience, it will be an awesome experience!

0 comments:

Post a Comment